One Dyke Road
Setauket, Long Island, New York
Telephone (631) 941-4245
Fax (631) 941-0280
The Reverend Richard D. Visconti, D. Min., Rector
The Reverend Ann Tillman, M. Div., Curate
The Reverend Canon Paul Forsyth Wancura, M. Div., Rector Emeritus
Caroline Church of Brookhaven was organized in 1723 as Christ Church and by 1729 the building was erected. The edifice has been used for worship by the Setauket congregation continuously since then. Caroline Church is rich in history, including a Revolutionary War skirmish in 1777. We are on the National Register of Historic Places. For a summary of our history and photographs, click on the "History" link to the left.
Today Caroline Church thrives, with over 600 active parishioners. We worship the Lord in an atmosphere of love and respect for one another. The Episcopal Church is a branch of Christ's one, holy catholic and apostolic church. It embodies the best of the catholic tradition while at the same time draws on the benefits of a more democratic form of church government.
Please visit our page often, to provide you with information on the many activities and organizations at Caroline. Our doors are open to all and new members are welcomed. Some of our activities include a full Church School, Guild of the Christ Child, Bible Prayer Fellowship, Brotherhood of St. Andrew, three choirs, Caroline Guild, Episcopal Church Women (Daytime and Evening branches), Women's Fellowship Circle, Foyer Groups,Theophilus Healing Mission--Order of St. Luke, Young People's Fellowship and Family Consultation Services.
William Harvey, Sr. Warden; Don Muffly, Jr. Warden; Virginia Apmann, Lisa Benhke, Chris Callahan, Maritza Groth, J. Christopher Haring, Treasurer; John Leibold, Lorraine Massie, Clerk of the Vestry, Robert Nalewajk, Joan Neuls
©2001-2011 Caroline Church of Brookhaven, Setauket, NY; all rights reserved
Revised Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:51 PM